A globally connected education

Seeing the world from different vantage points and being curious about other people, places, and ways of learning—this is how we grow into better and stronger thinkers.

Transformative experiences

Study abroad

Our study abroad programs cross all academic disciplines. Whatever your area of study, you can immerse yourself in a foreign language, see a subject from a new perspective, conduct field research, or experience a culture radically different from your own. If you enroll in a fall, spring, or full-year credit-bearing program, you pay regular Wellesley tuition and remain eligible for Wellesley financial aid.

Our signature programs include Wellesley-in-Aix in France, ECCO in Italy, and PRESHCO in Spain. Or choose from more than 180 approved programs. A 5-Year Joint BA/MA Programme in International Affairs is offered through the Geneva Graduate Institute in Switzerland.

Exchange programs within the U.S.

We offer an exchange program with Spelman College, a historically Black college for women in Atlanta. Wellesley is also a member of the 12-College Exchange Program along with: Amherst, Bowdoin, Connecticut College (including a semester at the National Theater Institute), Dartmouth, Mount Holyoke, Smith, Trinity, Vassar, Wesleyan, Wheaton, and Williams-Mystic Seaport Program in Maritime Studies (one semester).


Do you want to enroll in a course you can’t find at Wellesley? Explore our cross-registration programs at nearby schools.

  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology

    Located in Cambridge, MIT offers courses in engineering, science, architecture, and the humanities.

  • Franklin Olin College of Engineering

    With small classes, Olin brings a liberal arts approach to science and engineering.

  • Babson College

    Babson is well known for its business and entrepreneurship courses. Babson, Olin, and Wellesley make up the Three College Consortium, which emphasizes cross-disciplinary collaboration.

  • Brandeis University

    Brandeis teaches numerous subjects, including hard and soft sciences, business, management, and marketing. A B.A. or B.S. plus an M.A. in international economics and finance is available through a selective program offered through Brandeis.