Wellesley College Insurance Requirements for Vendors
The following minimum insurance standards shall apply to all vendors who will be on the campus of Wellesley College while providing, selling or distributing products and services. Higher limits of insurance and additional terms or coverage may be required at the discretion of the College. Exceptions to these requirements may be made under limited or unique circumstances. Vendors or contractors working with Facilities Management should contact the directly for insurance requirements.
A valid certificate of insurance and additional insured endorsement must be filed with the College prior to any business being conducted on College premises. The College reserves the right to deny payment without valid proof of insurance.
Workers' Compensation and Employer's Liability Insurance
a. Workers' Compensation: Statutory Requirement
b. Employer's Liability
- $1,000,000 bodily injury each accident
- $1,000,000 bodily injury by disease for each employee
- $1,000,000 bodily injury/disease aggregate
Statutory workers compensation covering each and every worker, including independent contractors employed in connection with the work, must be insured as provided in the statutes applicable to workers compensation.
Commercial General Liability
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Products/Completed Op Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- $ 50,000 Fire Damage
- $ 5,000 Medical Expense
b. There should be no exclusion for:
- Operations and Premises
- Products/Completed Operations Liability
- Owners and Contractors Protective
- Explosion, Collapse and Underground
- Environmental hazards, if applicable, unless separate coverage is provided
c. Wellesley College, its trustees, officers and employees must be named as additional insureds as their interests may appear.
a. Bodily Injury/Property Damage: Combined Single Limit of $1,000,000
b. Coverage must include: Non-Owned Car, Hired Car and all Owned or Leased Vehicles.
c. Wellesley College, its trustees, officers and employees must be named as an additional insured as their interests may appear.
a. Umbrella Liability Limits: $2,000,000 each occurrence/aggregate
b. Wellesley College, its trustees, officers and employees must be named as additional insureds as their interests may appear. Coverage must be excess of General Liability, Automobile Liability and Employers' Liability Insurance.
a. Professional Legal Liability Limits: $2,000,000 each occurrence/aggregate
Cyber Liability (for contracts involving software or personal identifiable information (PII))
a. Cyber Liability Limits: $2,000,000 each occurrence/aggregate
For Charter Bus or Interstate Transportation Companies
- Auto Liability Limits: $5,000,000
- Wellesley College, its trustees, officers and employees must be named as additional insureds as their interests may appear.
Additional Notes on All Insurance Requirements
- All vendors or contractors are required to provide proof of insurance with a Certificate of Insurance upon the execution of any contract with the College, or prior to providing goods or services on College premises, whichever is first. Certificates should be filed with the office responsible for the contract or that is engaging with the vendor or contractor.
- If the vendor or contractor carries insurance limits higher than the College's minimum requirements, such limits must be shown on the certificate of insurance provided.
- 30-day notice of cancellation or non-renewal of coverage must be provided to the College.
- If services continue past the renewal date of any insurance policy listed on the certificate, a new certificate must be provided to the office responsible for managing the contract prior to or upon renewal of coverage .
- Wellesley College, its trustees, officers and employees must be named as additional insureds as their interests may appear on the General Liability, Auto Liability, Employers Liability and Excess Liability policies.
- The requirement of insurance shall not be construed as limiting in any way the extent to which vendor or contractor may be held responsible for the payment of damages to any persons or the College resulting from its operations or the activities of any person or persons for whom it is liable.
Questions concerning this policy may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.