Wellesley students have more regular and reliable access to the resources and entertainment opportunities in the greater Boston area than any other suburban campus.
That's thanks to the College's own transportation and Boston's public transit systems. The MIT Exchange and Senate Buses run hourly on weekdays and even more frequently on weekends to locations in Cambridge and downtown Boston; the Wellesley-Olin-Babson Shuttle and Malls/Movies shuttles which take you to other schools and attractions in the area, also pick up a short walk from your residence hall. The Wellesley Square Commuter Rail stop (on the Framingham/Worcester line) is located in the ville; the Woodland stop (on the Green Line of the "T"- the MBTA subway system) is only a few miles away. Want more information and real-time updates? Check the Latest Updates section on this page, or call the Transportation Hotline at 781.283.2318.
MIT Exchange Bus GPS Tracking
All buses and shuttles stop at Alumnae Hall and Houghton Chapel on the Wellesley College campus.
SPECIAL SENATE BUS SCHEDULE - SUNDAY, APRIL 20TH
-Buses will depart campus hourly instead of every two hours starting at 9:00 A.M. until 12:00 Midnight.
-The last Senate Bus will leave campus at 12:00 Midnight.
-The final departures from Cambridge and Boston will be:
12:40 A.M. from the Harvard stop
12:50 A.M. from the 77 Mass. Ave. stop at MIT
1:00 A.M. from the Comm. Ave. stop in the Back Bay
Travel safely and enjoy the long weekend.
Local Taxi Service
- The AirPorter - (by reservation only!) 781-899-6161 or Toll Free 877-899-6161
- Bostonia Taxi - 617-816-TAXI (9314)
- JFK Taxi - 508-653-4500
- Metro Cab in Allston 617-782-5500 accessible/wheelchair ready taxis
- Natick Cab Company - 508-653-2300
- Newton Yellow Cab - 617-332-7700
- Red Cab - 617-734-5000
- Sun Taxi - 800-SUN-TAXI
- Tommy's Taxi - 508-872-3500
- Veterans Taxi - 781-235-1600
- Wellesley Transportation - 781-235-2200
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are tickets sold?
- I lost something on the bus, what should I do?
- Can off-campus students ride the bus?
- What transportation is available during holidays?
- Who should I contact with questions and comments?
- Who should I contact if I want to charter a bus?
- How can I get to Brandeis via the MBTA?
- Are bicycles allowed on the Exchange and Senate buses?