Tax Forms

In accordance with federal tax regulations set forth by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Wellesley College provides students with certain tax documents to support the tax filing process. Please review our FAQs if you have questions.


As an educational institution which receives interest payments of $600 or more during the year on one or more qualified student loans, Wellesley is required to furnish Form 1098-E. Students may be able to deduct a portion or all of the interest reported on this statement on their income tax return. See IRS Publication 970 for more information.

Heartland ECSI, Wellesley’s loan servicer, will prepare Form 1098-E for eligible recipients by January 31st. Students may consent to access their form on the Heartland ECSI borrower website; otherwise, a paper form will be mailed to them.


MAXIMUS will prepare Form 1098-T for eligible recipients by January 31st. Students may consent to access their form online; otherwise, a paper form will be mailed to them.

Form 1098-T is required to support any claim for an education credit and is issued to the student by Wellesley College by way of our partner, MAXIMUS Federal Services, INC (MAXIMUS). Under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, eligible families may claim tax credits for educational costs.

Please review IRS Publication 970, SFS’s 1098-T and Tax Related Matters FAQs, or visit “Links” on the MAXIMUS website to find information regarding the Taxpayer Relief Act, American Opportunity (e.g., Hope Scholarship) Credit, Lifetime Learning Credit, and related resources.


The Payroll Office is responsible for sending Form W-2 to eligible students, post-marked by January 31st each year.

To view your electronic W2, please visit ADP. There is also a step by step guide to help you with the ADP registration process.

Canadian Form TL11A and other Non-U.S. Tax Requests

TL11A is used to certify tax credit eligibility for the tuition, education, and textbook amounts of a student attending an university outside of Canada and to show the maximum tuition, education, and textbook amounts a student can transfer to a designated individual. For more information, see Guide P105: Students and Income Tax.

Student Financial Services (SFS) completes and certifies Form TL11A and other non-U.S. tax requests as they relate to tuition and fees. Forms may be sent to SFS by mail, secure fax, or can be hand-delivered to our office, located in Schneider Center, Suite 122.