The Child Study Center is a laboratory preschool for the Wellesley College Psychology Department. The Center is open during the College's academic year, early September through the third week in May. There are three classrooms: 2-year-old, 3-year-old, and 4-year-old. The age of the child on August 31st determines 2, 3, or 4-year-old classroom eligibility. In the 2-year old classroom, we offer a morning program, 8:30-11:30am with the option of a longer day until 1:00pm. Parents of 2-year-olds enroll their child for two (Tu/Th), three (M/W/F), or five mornings per week. Children in the 3- and 4-year classrooms attend school five days per week: 8:30am-1:00pm on M/Tu/Th/Fridays and 8:30-11:30am on Wednesdays. Children are invited to participate in simple research projects, and classrooms are occasionally observed by undergraduate students. Because of the observational and research components of our Center, we typically enroll an equal number of boys and girls with a range of birth months within each classroom.
The Child Study Center serves as a model preschool for visiting Wellesley College classes as well as student and faculty research. The program is child-centered, play-based and features modified, open classroom environments and an emergent curriculum. Children learn age-appropriate, self-directed skills with the support of nurturing adults.
Applications for Regular Admission are accepted October 1 - December 1.
Applications for Rolling Admissions are accepted December 2 - August 15.
An Application is not considered complete until at least one parent or guardian completes an in-person OR virtual tour of the Center and the application fee is received.
Academic Year 2024-2025 ADMISSIONS PROCEDURES
Submit applications October 1 - December 1
- Applications Due by: December 1, 2023
- Parent Tours - Completed by: December 6, 2023
- Application Fee ($50) Received by: December 6, 2023
- Enrollment decisions: December 14, 2023
- Notification of Admissions decisions sent via email: December 15, 2023
- Signed enrollment contract and tuition deposit due: January 8, 2024
ROLLING ADMISSIONS (If enrollment space still available)
Submit applications December 3, 2023 – August 15, 2024
- Applications accepted through: August 15, 2024
- Parent Tours: Arranged with Program Administrator
- Application Fee ($50): Submit after Parent Tour
- Notification of Admissions decisions sent via email: Within 2 weeks of Tour
Print a pdf Application Form (Complete and send via Email or USMail)
Submit an Online Application Fee (Credit Card or ACH)
Schedule your REMOTE Parent/Guardian Tour (Via Zoom, 7:30PM on Wednesday, Nov 1)
Schedule an IN-PERSON Parent/Guardian Tour (Visitor Registration required)
(An application must be submitted prior to an In-Person Tour. Schedule your tour via the Google Calendar of CSC Program Administrator, Annie Cohen. Up to 10 adults may attend per date. Please add only ONE parent name per calendar appointment slot. If TWO parents will attend, please select a calendar slot for EACH person.)
IN-PERSON TOUR DATES:
- Friday, October 20th at 9am
- Wednesday, October 25th at 9am
- Friday, November 10th at 9am
- Monday, November 20th at 9am
- Friday, December 1 at 9am
- Wednesday, December 6th at 9am
3-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Submit the child's application - Online or send completed document via email or U.S. Mail
- Complete a Parent Tour - In Person or via Zoom
- Submit the $50 application fee (non-refundable)
- Submit fee electronically
- In Person at Parent Tour
- By Mail - Send Check, payable to Wellesley College, to the Child Study Center: 106 Central St, Wellesley, MA 02481
Applications are accepted October 1 – August 15 for the following September’s School Year.
Your child's application is not considered complete until at least one parent/guardian completes a virtual tour of the Center and your application fee has been received.
All applications received during the REGULAR ADMISSIONS cycle (Oct 1 - Dec 1) are considered equally. As long as your application is received by December 1 and your tour and fee are completed by December 5, your child will be considered for regular admissions enrollment by our Admissions Committee.
Parents of TWINS must submit a separate application & application fee for each child.
The tuition rates for the 2024-2025 Academic Year are listed below.
Please note that our tuition increases each year by a small percentage.
Tuition is managed by Nelnet Campus Commerce, Wellesley College's provider for tuition management solutions, and billed in 8 equal installments.
|Tuition 2024-2025||# of days||Community||Fac/Staff|
|Youngest Class||5 days (8:30-11:30am)||$11,700||$11,150|
|Youngest Class||3 days (8:30-11:30am)||$7,500||$7,150|
|Youngest Class||2 days (8:30-11:30am)||$5,100||$4,850|
Youngest Class (Optional)
2 longer days (until 1:00pm)
4 longer days (until 1:00pm)
|Middle & Oldest Class||
& Wednesdays 8:30-11:30am
Birth Date Cut-offs for Admission for 2024-2025
- Youngest: 8/31/2022 (Confirm your child will be 2 yrs of age on or before 8/31/2024)
- Middle: 8/31/2021 (Confirm your child will be 3 yrs of age on or before 8/31/2024)
- Oldest: 8/31/2020 (Confirm your child will be 4 yrs of age on or before 8/31/2024)