WATCH: Learn how to make Wellesley Peppermint Stick Pie
Peppermint Stick Pie has been a beloved tradition for generations of Wellesley students. Served at special events on campus, this simple dessert, consisting of graham cracker pie crust, hot fudge, and peppermint stick ice cream, is remembered fondly by alumae. Learn to make it at home with this brief how-to video and recipe. Both use the “official” recipe—as passed down from pastry chef to pastry chef at the College for years—but there are several variations, including using crushed Oreo cookies for the crust, and swapping in different chocolate toppings.
The Wellesley Peppermint Stick Pie Recipe
1 quart peppermint stick ice cream, softened
1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
8 ounces hot fudge sauce, room temperature
Whipped cream, for decorating
Chocolate toppings, such as sprinkles and/or Hershey’s kisses
1. Spoon hot fudge into crust.
2. Spoon peppermint stick ice cream into crust.
3. Cover and freeze for four hours, or until firm.
4. Remove from the freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
5. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate toppings.