A Quick Guide for Prospective International Financial Aid Applicants
Wellesley is committed to meeting 100% of calculated need for all admitted international citizens who have applied for financial aid during the admission process. Financial assistance is available for a limited number of international citizens. Its purpose is to support highly qualified candidates who could not otherwise attend Wellesley. Because of the keen competition for these funds, candidates should apply for them only if family resources cannot adequately meet College expenses. In determining the amount of aid given, the College examines the financial resources of the student and her family through information provided on the admissions application, through questions on your Wellesley Applicant Portal, and through completion of the CSS Profile.
1. Deadlines and decision notification dates
Your financial aid deadlines depend upon which admission decision plan you choose. All requirements for the specific decision plan are outlined on the corresponding printable checklists.
|Admission Decision and
Financial Aid Notification Date
|Early Decision Round I
|November 1||November 1||mid December|
|Early Decision Round II
|January 1||January 1||late February|
|Regular Decision||January 8||February 15||late March
|*Binding: If admitted through ED I or ED II, you must
withdraw all applications to other colleges.
- Prospective international students, whether or not they are applying for financial aid, may apply under any of Wellesley's three decision plans.
- International students admitted to Wellesley without financial aid will not be eligible for financial aid in future years at the College.
- Current international students are not required to reapply for financial aid each year. Note: Students from the United World Colleges must complete a registration form each year. We will email this form to you in August.
2. Financial Aid Application Materials
In an effort to simplify the financial aid process for international, undocumented, and DACA students, applicants who have indicated their intent to apply for aid will be prompted to complete a Financial Aid Intent Form after submitting their application for admission. Within three to five business days of the completion of the Common or Coalition application, students will be given access to the Applicant Portal by Admissions. We will contact applicants later in the process regarding any additional financial aid forms or documents they may need to provide. We encourage all applicants applying for aid to begin completing the CSS Profile so that if requested, they can submit it promptly. However, students won’t need to submit the CSS Profile unless they are instructed to do so by our staff.