Petitioning for an Exemption to the GPA Requirement
A petition to CCAP to request an exemption to the GPA requirement may be made when a student’s GPA in all courses in the major field above the 100-level falls between 3.0 and 3.5. Such petitions may only be made by a faculty member, with the support of the department/program.
- A recommendation from the thesis advisor/department chair outlining why the student is a good thesis candidate
- The proposed area of thesis research
- The student’s GPA in the major field in all courses above the 100-level
- A list of courses used for the calculation, including the grade in each course
- Verification that the department has been consulted and supports the petition
The petition should be submitted to the CCAP no later than the second week of classes in the Fall semester of the student’s Senior year.