Major/ Minor Declaration and Confirmation Processes
Students can complete their Major/Minor Declaration or Confirmation form online and submit it to their advisor, who will be able to approve it electronically. Students are expected to meet with their desired faculty advisor prior to submitting a new declaration or confirmation form.
Note: It is highly recommended that students speak both with their Major / Minor Advisor and their Class Dean prior to changing or dropping a major / minor in order to make alternative academic plans and make sure that the student can stay on track to complete all degree requirements.
The new online Major/ Minor declaration form can be found via
MyWellesley >> Administrivia >> Especially for Students >> Major/Minor Declaration and Confirmation Form
Things to keep in mind:
- You may declare a) one major, b) two majors, or c) a major and a minor.
- If you are declaring two majors, you must complete a separate form for each of them.
- You cannot count the same course toward two majors.
- Students who wish to count courses towards their major/minor that were not taken at Wellesley need to get those specific courses approved via Transfer of Credit form by the department chair or program director.
- Sophomores going abroad - Friday, December 1, 2017.
- Sophomores not going abroad the following year - Friday, March 2, 2018.
- Senior Major/Minor Confirmation - Friday, October 13, 2017.
- Seniors' last day to add or drop a Major/Minor - Friday, February 23, 2018.
Peace & Justice Major
For more information, click here.