WSAS' COVID-19 Response
In this unprecedented time of anxiety and uncertainty, the Wellesley Students’ Aid Society is working to support our student and alumnae community through the following means:
- WSAS has pledged $50,000 to Wellesley College to assist students with their travel and related expenses as they leave campus.
- WSAS has established the WSAS Emergency Fund for Students in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to aid Wellesley College students with emergency expenses. This Fund will continue to support students with emergency situations after the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided. Donations to this Fund may be made through our Donation Portal. Your donation to WSAS counts toward Wellesley College's overall participation rate, which may boost its eligibility for grant and other funding. As always, donations are tax-deductible.
- For current students who hold WSAS Short-term Loans, we have extended the due date for all short-term loans to October 15, 2020.
- For alumnae in the Class of 2018 and earlier who hold WSAS Tuition Loans, we are providing a reprieve from Tuition Loan payments for this upcoming quarter (Tuition Loan bills dated 4/1/2020 with payments due on 4/30/2020). Payments due on 4/30/2020 are optional and may be skipped without penalty. Interest accrual for this billing period will be forgiven, and any optional payments received by 6/30/2020 will be credited towards principal balances.
- For alumnae in the Class of 2019 who hold WSAS Tuition Loans the grace period has been extended from 3/30/2020 to 6/30/2020, and first payment statements will be mailed 10/1/2020 with payment due by 10/30/2020.
We thank you for your support, your concern, and your patience during this challenging time. For the latest information on Wellesley College's response to COVID-19, please visit the College's COVID-19 Response webpage.