Nisreen Abo-Sido, Azuero Earth Project, Panama
Wellesley Funded Internships
Internships present opportunities for students to connect theory to practice, but at Wellesley we know internships go far beyond that. Internships can confirm a professional interest, point you in a new direction, or open a surprising new door. They can help you build confidence and inevitably, rediscover yourself and your role in the world. To that end, Wellesley provides over 300 paid internships every year through over a dozen campus programs. Proudly boasting partnerships with organizations in a variety of fields - including research, finance, journalism, arts, education, and health - the College also offers grant opportunities for students who identify internships on their own.
- Learn about the internship programs offered by the College (deadline in late November)
- Learn how to apply for grant awards to support unpaid, external internships (deadline March 1)
- For current students:
- Start searching for external internships through Handshake
- Create an internship that’s tailor-made for you
- Looking for information about how to register your internship for credit? Click here.
"My internship was a tremendously humbling experience. Attending public hearings, doing research, and listening to those working hands-on in the area exposed me to a side of poverty that I’d never witnessed before. I’m grateful to Wellesley for preparing me to jump into the deep end of this pool—for which I had little background—and quickly navigate the complex issues of food insecurity and hunger in urban and suburban food deserts." - Lamisa Hossain '17