Wellesley College Staff Recognition Program
Wellesley College is a vibrant community of bright students, leading scholars, and high-performing and dedicated staff. With the entire community working together, motivated by purpose, an amazing living and learning environment is created.
Administrative and Union staff have a critical role in Wellesley’s success, and this staff Recognition Program provides an opportunity to acknowledge extraordinary effort.
The Wellesley College Staff Recognition Program:
- Recognizes employees who excel through collaboration and teamwork.
- Showcases employees who have been innovative in addressing ineffective or outdated practices/programs and have developed alternative, more effective methods.
There are two awards that will be given:
Agent of Innovation Award - provided to an individual who has used innovative ideas, approaches, or techniques in their work. The nomination should provide specific information about the innovations used and the success that resulted due to these novel approaches.
Champions of Innovation and Collaboration Award - given to team who has excelled in the use of innovation and collaboration to meet a goal or objective. The nomination will detail how collaboration and innovation were utilized and why the team was effective in achieving success.
Each individual receiving an award will receive a glass globe from the College.
- Administrative staff and union employees are eligible, if they have completed at least 6 months of service in a benefits-eligible position.
- An employee cannot nominate themselves. An employee can nominate a peer, a direct report, their manager or a senior leader, an individual or a team.
- Nominations must include specific examples regarding the work the nominee has done that resulted in success. Details regarding the nominee’s efforts are important for the Recognition Committee members in order for them to thoroughly evaluate the submissions.
- The nomination period will take place in the Fall and awards are given at a celebration with the President. Award winners will also be recognized on the website, in addition to being presented the award in person by the President.
- The Recognition Committee meets in the Fall to review and discuss the nominations, and select the awardees.
- All those nominated will be informed and added to the Nominee Page on the Staff Recognition Program section of the Wellesley website.
- Nominees must excel in a way that is above and beyond doing their jobs.
- Nominees will have charted new paths to a successful solution, taken a risk that resulted in success, or altered outdated processes or launched new processes to create a new solution to an old problem.
- Nominees must have used innovative ideas, approaches, or techniques in their work. The nomination should provide specific information about the innovations used and the success that resulted due to these novel approaches.
- Team nominees should have excelled in the use collaboration to meet a goal or objective. The nomination will detail how collaboration was utilized and why the team it was effective in achieving success.
Complete the nomination form with specific details regarding the work of the nominee and how their efforts and innovation made a difference in the department. Please include testimonials (if available), as well as any information regarding the level of impact and measure of success achieved.