Accounts Payable Quick Reference on Payments
Please review the scenarios below to determine how to process your expenses and/or reimbursements in Workday in the most expedient manner possible. If you have:
- a supplier invoice, use "Create Supplier Invoice Request"
- receipts for misc. purchases by an employee, use "Create Expense Report"
- receipts for misc. purchases for non-employee reimbursement, use "Create Supplier Invoice Request"
- payments for student prizes (see below) or honorarium, use "Create Supplier Invoice Request"
- payments for future travel, use "Create Spend Authorization"
- receipts for Travel, use "Create Expense Report" (check out the mobile app!)
- receipts for a meal during which you met with colleagues, use "Create Expense Report"
- Faculty Long-term Research: (greater than 1 week international travel for faculty research), use "Create Expense Report"
Student Prize Process
If the student is not a supplier in Workday:
- Go to MyWellesley-->Administrivia-->For Everyone-->New Vendor/Supplier Honorarium Form.
- Click the "Upload Students as Suppliers" tab, choose the type of payment "prize", then upload the students' Banner IDs following the directions at the top of the form.
- If the student does not have direct deposit set up, the student will receive an email with a link to use to provide their direct deposit information.
- If the student is an international student, A/P needs additional time to process the supplier request.
If/when the student is a supplier in Workday, use "Create Supplier Invoice Request":
- Supplier Reference Number: enter Prize FY18 <insert Gift Worktag of prize>
- Payment Terms: choose Immediate (Rush Checks Only)
- Spend Category: choose Prize (US) (even for international students)
- Create a document with the student's name, home address, the name of the prize and the prize amount and use this as the attachment.