Research in Computer Science
Research is integral to the CS community at Wellesley. Computer science faculty at Wellesley lead vibrant programs of research in a broad range of fields spanning computer science and related interdisciplinary areas. Faculty research in the department is frequently published in leading venues and supported by competitive grants from major scientific funding agencies such as the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health. The educational and research missions of the department are tightly coupled: CS faculty regularly integrate their research into their courses at Wellesley and involve undergraduate students in their research projects. CS research at Wellesley is featured on the CS News blog and on individual faculty profiles and web pages.
Student Research Opportunities
If you are a student interested in research in general or in a specific project or area:
- Read perspectives on the nature research, how to choose a research area, and how to find a research opportunity.
- Wellesley CS faculty regularly mentor students in research through several channels. Speak with a faculty member about:
- The Wellesley Summer Science Research Program. The application window is typically around the start of Spring semester. The summer program usually lasts 9-10 weeks, starting the Monday after commencement. Students receive a stipend and can use campus housing.
- Independent research during the academic year.
- Honors theses.
- Additional research opportunities are available beyond Wellesley. Consider exploring: