If a faculty member wishes to sublet her or his apartment or house, permission must first be obtained from the Director Housing.

The tenant may charge the subtenant a modest amount of additional rent for the use of furnishings and appliances. The College considers the signer of the Lease (the tenant) as the party responsible for the maintenance of the residence.

Occupants wishing to sublet are encouraged to give consideration first to other members of the faculty, then to other members of the College community. If the tenant cannot find any member of the faculty or College community to sublet the apartment or house, the Faculty Housing Administrator may be able to provide assistance in locating someone. Once someone has agreed to sublet the apartment, both the tenant and the person who will be subletting must complete the appropriate forms for subletting faculty housing. These forms are available in the Housing Office.

Faculty Housing may not be sublet to students during the academic year, although this is permissible during the summer months. The subletting of individual rooms or sections of apartments or houses is controlled by Town regulations and the Housing Office.