Fitness Center, Fall 2020
For the health and safety of the College community, students are required to use the R & R system (FAQ) to reserve a cardio machine in the Fitness Center. All reservable equipment will be labeled BLUE or ORANGE, with availability following the schedule below. All equipment is separated according to distancing guidelines. Each reservation is for 75 minutes. Walk-in use of the Fitness Center is not permitted.
Fitness Center Hours:
|Monday-Friday||Color Code||Treadmills||Ellipticals||Bikes||Stair Climber||Rower|
|8:15am-9:30am||Blue||8||3||3 Spin Bikes||1||1|
|9:45am-11:00am||Orange||7||4||3 Matrix Upright Bikes||1||1|
|11:45am-1:00pm||Blue||8||3||3 Spin Bikes||1||1|
|1:15pm-2:30pm||Orange||7||4||3 Matrix Upright Bikes||1||1|
|3:15pm-4:30pm||Blue||8||3||3 Spin Bikes||1||1|
|4:45pm-6:00pm||Orange||7||4||3 Matrix Upright Bikes||1||1|
|Saturday & Sunday||Color Code||Treadmills||Ellipticals||Bikes||Stair Climber||Rower|
|10:15am-11:30am||Blue||8||3||3 Spin Bikes||1||1|
|11:45am-1:00pm||Orange||7||4||3 Matrix Upright Bikes||1||1|
|3:00pm-4:15pm||Blue||8||3||3 Spin Bikes||1||1|
|4:30pm-5:45pm||Orange||7||4||3 Matrix Upright Bikes||1||1|
- Users must enter through the main KSC doors and check in at the front desk. Users must check in again with the Fitness Center staffperson.
- Masks must be worn throughout the user's workout.
- Users are required to wipe down their piece of equipment after use.
- If a user wishes to wipe down their equipment before working out, materials will be provided.
- During 15-minute breaks between sessions, all used equpment will be disinfected by KSC staff.
- During 45-minute breaks between sessions, KSC staff will disinfect all equipment with a backpack sprayer.
- At the end of each day, custodial staff will disinfect all common areas in the Fitness Center, including floor, railings, and door handles.
- Locker rooms are not available.
Note: During this early phase of re-opening, the KSC will be open only for current on-campus students. The KSC will not be open for Wellesley College faculty, staff, or union employees. We will also be closed to ALL outside memberships (alumni, professor emeriti, family, children) and all outside rental groups.
Fitness Center Mission
By enhancing learning and promoting healthy lifestyles through quality facilities and programs, our fitness staff hopes to instill lifelong habits. Our staff is committed to providing professionalism, enthusiasm and excellence while supporting each student's individual journey on their path to health and well-being.