The Office of Student Wellness empowers individual students in cultivating lifelong practices of personal wellbeing.
The mission of the Office of Student Wellness is to engage all people who are part of Wellesley College in creating a campus community in which students thrive in all facets of their lives. The Office’s work serves to advance the mission of the Division of Student Life and that of Wellesley College.
Our goal is to optimize wellness, now and for the future by empowering all students to live full, balanced lives and find their own unique ways of thriving. We encourage personal responsibility for achieving and maintaining wellness and will support your journey through education and enrichment to reach your highest potential.
How strong is your WellNESSt? Take the survey and gain insight into your wellness areas and connect to helpful resources on campus!
We help provide students and memebers of the Wellesley College community with information about health and wellness topics.
Have a question about safe drug or alcohol use or sexual health? Below you will find information from the college and outside resources regarding other topics.
Wellness Workshops provide a casual environment to learn more about areas that you'd like to strengthen in your self-care practices
Are you are having difficulty with getting enough quality sleep? Would you like to learn how sleep affects your academic performance, your resistance to getting sick, your mood... and how you can take steps to improve your zzz’s? Sign up for a lunchtime Sleep Workshop.
Nutrition Workshops offered most Thursdays during community time 12:30-1:30pm. Sign up for a lunchtime workshop.
Boost Your Immunity Workshops Are you tired of getting sick? Want to learn how to break the cycle, feel better and jumpstart your immune system again? Join us for a casual lunch & learn.
- Wellesley's Alcohol & Other Drug Policy
- If you choose to drink, here are the essential thhings you need to know:
Individual Education/Counseling Services with a Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist
- Make an appointment by calling Health Services 781-283-2810
- Indivdual appointments are for students who are:
- Managing nutrition-related diseases/heath problems such as IBS, Diabetes, PCOS
- Refueling for optimal sport performance
- Managing weight or body image concerns
- Normalizig disordered eating behavoirs
- There is no cost to Wellesley College Students
- All visits are confidential
- Offered every Wednesday 12-5pm
Nutritional Educational Programming
General Nutrition Resources
Stop by and check out our free nutrition library in the Office of Student Wellness
- The Nutrition Source | Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP)
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Your Healthiest Self: Wellness Toolkits | National Institutes of Health
- Using Dietary Supplements Wisely
- Rough Up Your Diet
Disordered Eating Resources:
- If you are concerned you may have an eating disorder please contact Health Services to make an appointment
- Self-Assessment tool: Eats-26
- The Disease To Please: Curing the People-Pleasing Syndrome
- Feeling Good about the Way You Look: A Program for Overcoming Body Image Problems
- Rethinking Thin: Gina Kolata: 9780312427856
- Nourish: How to Heal Your Relationship with Food, Body, and Self
- Life without Ed: How one woman declared inpedence from her eating disorder and how you can to
Have questions/concerns about dining hall food (availability, choice, labeling, allergens, other?), contact AVI Dietitian Brittany Moriarty
Contact: Office of Student Wellness | 113 Billings Wellesley College Wellesley, MA 02481 | email@example.com | 781.283.3766