Wellesley First links together efforts to support first-generation students, students from underrepresented groups, and those from under-resourced backgrounds.
As an umbrella identity, Wellesley First allows students to understand their options, choose among them, and see them all as integrated to the rest of their Wellesley experiences, thus serving our institutional goals of supporting academic excellence and creating an inclusive community. With the support of the President's Office, it also provides a platform for the thoughtful development of new programs and the ongoing assessment of the effectiveness of all our efforts.
National First Gen Day
On November 8th Wellesley will celebrate the success of first generation college students, faculty and staff on campus in many ways, including, events and poster campaigns. To join in the festivities, members of the community can participate in the events listed below:
- All Day - First Gen Library Collection at the front entrance of Clapp
- 9:30 am - Come stretch with PERA (Library Lecture Room)
- 11:00 am - First Gen Stories from Abroad (Schneider Building - Reading Room )
- 1:00 pm - Take a beverage break with Res Life at El Table
- 4:00 pm - Philosophy Reception (Philosophy Lounge FND 322)
- 4:30 pm - STEM Reception (Science Center Sage Lounge)
Can't make an event? There will be two visual campaigns occurring on campus as well, the Red Sticky Note Campaign and the Proud to be First Gen Poster Campaign sponsored by OICE. The dining halls will also have First Gen themed cupcakes.
Conversations will continue on social media. Check out Career Education on Facebook and Instagram (@wellesleycareered) for stories from first generation students, staff, faculty, and alumnae, or tell your own story using #WellesleyFirst.
Wellesley First Opportunities