Welcome to Wellesley College!
Welcome to Wellesley College! We are so happy you are joining us. Here is a guide for you, the new hire, to be able to follow in order to fully complete your onboarding process.
For a quick checklist of to-dos click here.
At Least Two Weeks Before You Arrive:
- Sign and return one copy of the signed offer letter
- For Faculty and Casual Wage Positions: Sign and return one copy of the signed offer letter. Fill out the New Hire Form. The link to this is provided by HR in your offer letter and or personal email address.
- For Administrative Staff & Union positions: Please log into Workday, HERE with the username and password you created when applying for the position. Review, electronically sign and submit your offer letter. Then complete any outstanding tasks under "Your Tasks". This will initiate the Hire and Background Check process.
- Look out for an email with directions on how to set up your MyWellesley account (which you need to access the portal, Workday, and Gmail)
- Complete pre-hire materials through Workday. Log in to Workday through the MyWellesley portal
- Meet with Human Resource to complete direct deposit form and I-9. Bring with you to the Office of Human Resources the necessary documentation: Click Here for a list of accepted documents.
Help with Workday can be found here. If you still have questions about Workday or need assistance in the onboarding process please email DaShawn Butner at email@example.com or Cristina DeGaetano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your First Days:
- Contact Campus Police (x3260) or go into their office (located outside the parking garage) regarding your one card identification card and parking assignment and decal.
- Complete your desk-side Technology Orientation – your manager will set this up with Martha Gaudet at email@example.com.
- Review the LTS Getting Started webpage and complete Data Security training
- Complete Title IX training by following the instructions on the Title IX website (http://www.wellesley.edu/titleix) under the "Training" tab (select the "Faculty and Staff" option).
- Take a College Tour – Your manager will set this up with the Admissions Office (x2270)
- If you are a new manager, consider sending the following to your staff: New Leader and Staff Questionnaire
During Your First Month:
- Log into Workday and update your employee information
- Please be sure to complete you contact info, including work location and office phone extension
- Attend your scheduled Orientation. If you do not know when you are scheduled to attend, email Cristina DeGaetano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opportunity to connect with other new employees
- Explore opportunities/resources available to college employees
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of benefits offerings through the benefits portion of orientation
- Sign up for benefits through Workday
During the First Three Months:
- Review role documentation and job responsibilities
- Learn about performance expectations from supervisor
- Gain understanding of divisional, departmental and individual goals
- Understand short-term goals for the first months of employment
- Build relationships with office colleagues and other departments
- Review training and development resources with supervisor
Things to Review And Consider
- Review details about benefits in the Administrative Handbook.
- Review fire safety instructions here
- Learn more about benefits, programs, find forms, or contact HR click here.
- Quick links to benefits pages:
Wellesley College is committed to sustainability and maintaining a green campus. We strongly encourage everyone to visit the Sustainability Office's page and read through their checklist of suggested actions you can do to help out their initiatives.