Welcome to Wellesley College!
Welcome to Wellesley College! We are so happy you are joining us. Here is a guide for you, the new hire, to be able to follow in order to fully complete your onboarding process.
For a quick checklist of to-dos click here.
At Least Two Weeks Before You Arrive:
- Sign and return one copy of the signed offer letter
- Fill out the New Hire Form. The link to this is provided in your offer letter
- Look out for an email with directions on how to set up your MyWellesley account (which you need to access the portal, Workday, and Gmail)
- Complete pre-hire materials through Workday. Log in to Workday through the MyWellesley portal
- Meet with Human Resource to complete direct deposit form and I-9. Bring with you to the Office of Human Resources the necessary documentation: Click Here for a list of accepted documents.
Your First Days:
- Contact Campus Police (x3260) or go into their office (located outside the parking garage) regarding your one card identification card and parking assignment and decal.
- Complete your desk-side Technology Orientation – your manager will set this up with Martha Gaudet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the LTS Getting Started webpage and complete Data Security training
- Complete Title IX training by following the instructions on the Title IX website (http://www.wellesley.edu/titleix) under the "Training" tab (select the "Faculty and Staff" option).
- Take a College Tour – Your manager will set this up with the Admissions Office (x2270)
- If you are a new manager, consider sending the following to your staff: New Leader and Staff Questionnaire
During Your First Month:
- Log into Workday and update your employee information
- Please be sure to complete you contact info, including work location and office phone extension
- Attend your scheduled Orientation. If you do not know when you are scheduled to attend, email Cristina DeGaetano at email@example.com.
- Opportunity to connect with other new employees
- Explore opportunities/resources available to college employees
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of benefits offerings through the benefits portion of orientation
- Sign up for benefits through Workday
During the First Six Months:
- Review role documentation and job responsibilities
- Learn about performance expectations from supervisor
- Gain understanding of divisional, departmental and individual goals
- Understand short-term goals for the first months of employment
- Build relationships with office colleagues and other departments
- Review training and development resources with supervisor
Things to Review And Consider
- Review details about benefits in the Administrative Handbook.
- Review fire safety instructions here
- Learn more about benefits, programs, find forms, or contact HR click here.
- Quick links to benefits pages:
Wellesley College is committed to sustainability and maintaining a green campus. We strongly encourage everyone to visit the Sustainability Office's page and read through their checklist of suggested actions you can do to help out their initiatives.