- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Digital Fabrication, Research and Pedagogy
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
JAC-AUD Equipment Instructions
The Crestron control is affixed at the instructions desk. The buttons on the Crestron Remote Control:
- Green - selecting a media source to project, such as the PC, MAC, LAPTOP, VCR, DVD/CD/Laserdisc and Document Camera
- Blue - playback options, such as PLAY or PAUSE
- Yellow - sound adjustment, such as Volume Up or Mute
- Red - power off
- High - All on
- Med - dimmed recessed lighting (adequate for note taking)
- Low - dimmed recessed lighting (not adequate for note taking)
- Off - All off
To raise or lower volume, press the Source Up or Source Down buttons on the remote control. To mute, press the Mute button on the remote control.
There are two ways of raising or lowering the projection screens:
- To raise or lower the center projection screen, press any of the green source buttons on the Crestron remote to lower the screen.
- On the wall behind the instructor's desk are two panels situated side-by-side labeled "left screen" and "right screen" allowing the lowering and raising of the projection screens, independent of the Crestron remote control.
Turning On The Projector
Select the media source you are trying to display by pressing the green buttons on the remote control.
Projecting From The Mac
Connect the portable MAC to the podium. Turn on the MAC computer. Press the green MAC source button on the remote control.
Projecting From A Laptop
Connect the VGA/audio and network cables to the laptop. These cables are located inside the podium. Press the laptop button on the Crestron remote.
Projecting From A VCR
Turn on the VCR. Select the green VCR source button on the podiums Crestron control. Insert a videocassette into the VCR in the stage rack. Use the blue play, pause, stop, rewind and fast-foward buttons on the remote control.
Projecting From The DVD/CD/Laserdisc Player
- Press the DVD/LD/CD source button on the podiums Crestron touch screen control.
- Locate the DVD/LD player in the stage rack and insert the disk.
- Press the DVD/CD button or the LD button if you are viewing a laserdisc.
- Use the blue play, pause, stop, rewind, fast-forward buttons on the remote control
- To select a specific track use the black number buttons on the remote control.
Press the green WCVN source button on the Crestron touch screen control. To select a specific channel use the black number buttons on the remote control. To view the program listing, go to Channel 11.
Turning Off The Projector
Press the red ALL OFF button on the remote control.