- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Google Apps
- Public Computer Availability
- Classroom Technology
- Instructional Technology
- Multimedia Projects
- Student Workshops
- Media Services
- Self-Service Requests
- Wellesley Initiative for Sustainable Computing (WISC)
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
Sakai is a set of software tools designed to help instructors, researchers, and students collaborate. Over 350 educational organizations use Sakai as a learning management system.
Based on positive feedback from faculty, we have upgraded Sakai to
version 2.9 for the Fall 2013 semester.
Sakai 2.9 improvements:
- "Paste from Word" text cleanup is now automatic.
- Text editing can be done fullscreen.
- Gradebook now allows drop highest, drop lowest keep highest grade options.
- A new tool called Lessons includes the ability for students to create content and comment on pages.
- The text editor tool now works on mobile devices. Post to forums, set up assignments, and more from your smartphone or tablet.
Faculty support is always available by calling ITIT (x4848) or contact your department's Instructional Technology Subject Specialist http://www.
wellesley.edu/lts/helppage/ for help over the phone or to schedule an office visit. subjectspec
If you have any questions about course support, the use of Sakai and/or Google Apps for your courses, please contact the Instructional Technology Support Line at x4848.