- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
Media Services staff and students support the audiovisual needs of the College.
Our highest priority is to support the academic program and curricular events, e.g., Wellesley College course meetings, the Tanner and Ruhlman conferences, and the Albright Institute Wintersession Program. We strive to respond in person to classroom technology emergencies during course meetings within five to ten minutes of notification, depending on where our staff are when they receive the call. For immediate assistance call the Help Desk at x4357.
Media Services also provides support for non-academic events in locations with pre-installed equipment (e.g., projectors, screens, speakers, microphones, etc.). To request support for non-academic events see below.
There is a charge for internal non-academic events. The fee is $20.00 per hour, per student. We request two weeks notice for non-academic support. Once your request is completed a student will send an email confirmation. Occasionally coverage may not be possible. In such a case, Media Services will e-mail you no later than seven days prior to your event. You must provide a complete and valid FOAPAL number for services to be provided for your event.
How to request media support for your event:
- Request a reservation through 25 Live at least 14 business days before your event.
- Choose a room in which the equipment you need (e.g., a projector, projection screen, microphone, speakers, etc.) is already installed if possible. Within 25 Live, you can view the equipment available as well as operating instructions by searching for the space and clicking on the name of it to view the details. If, after reading the instructions on using the equipment in the room, you have questions, or if you'd like to schedule a brief tutorial on using the equipment, please email email@example.com.
We strongly suggest you reserve a room that has the equipment that you need. For events in spaces that do not have pre-installed media equipment:
- you should reserve the space within 25 Live and request equipment at the time of your space reservation
- hire and pay for a third-party AV firm, such as Okun Sound Services (617-584-2777) or Capron Lighting and Sound (781-444-8850)
Media Services provides a range of services for both academic and non-academic events. These include:
- Documentation on using audiovisual equipment installed in more than one hundred spaces on campus, and, when requested, on-site tutorials for you on using the equipment from Media Services staff.
- Student videographers and sound recordists for preserving your event (request them when you make a reservation through 25 Live).
- Panel microphones and Q & A microphones in equipped venues* and assistance from LTS staff in setting up the equipment and trouble-shooting until the event is successfully underway.
- For a few high visibility events (i.e., long-standing annual lecture series of broad interest to the College community, such as the Goldman Lecture, the Wilson Lecture, and the Distinguished Faculty Lecture), Media Services staff will set up and check equipment prior to the events and stay throughout the event.
The following locations are equipped with panel and Q&A microphones: Collins Cinema; Jewett Auditorium; PNW 212; Pendleton Atrium; Sci. 277; Sci. 377 and Tishman Commons.