- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
LIB-148 Equipment Instructions
Margaret Clapp Library 148 Classroom/Seminar Room
Conference Table (Seminar Rm)
I S:C D Player
I S:Computer, Macintosh
I S:Projection Screen
I S:Projector, L C D
I S:V C R, Multi-country
I S:V C R, U.S.A. Only
I S:Wellesley College Video Network (W C V N)
- On the equipment rack, the Extron Switcher Panel has 7 active buttons for selecting source inputs. Press the respective button for the source you intend to use.
- Video source remotes are located in either the equipment rack's pullout drawer or on the desk/table.
Turning on the Projector
Locate the Extron Switcher. Press and hold for 5 seconds the Display Power button to turn on the projector. The Display Power button will illuminate and the projector will take approximately 45 seconds to reach full brightness.
To raise or lower the projection screen, press the Screen UP or Screen DOWN buttons on the Extron Switcher, or use the screen's Up and Down controls on the wall next to the equipment rack.
Projecting from the PC
- Confirm the PC in the equipment rack is on (power button is lit). Press the PC button on the Extron Switcher.
- Use the projection screen; there is no local computer monitor.
- Locate wireless keyboard and mouse.
- In addition to having a stand-alone mouse, the wireless keyboard has a joystick and mouse buttons at the top of the keyboard, which lets the user move the mouse cursor and click items.
NOTE: The wireless keyboard and mouse operate on AA batteries. Additional batteries can be found in the pull-out drawer in the equipment rack.
Projecting from a Laptop
- Locate the VGA/audio cables on the instructor desk or in the equipment drawer. Connect one end of the cables to the laptop and the other end to the Computer connection on the front of the Extron Switcher.
- Press the Laptop button on the Extron Switcher to display the laptop screen.
Rotate the knob Volume on the Extron Switcher.
Projecting from the DVD/CD player
Insert the disc. Press the DVD button on the Extron Switcher. Use the DVD remote or the onboard controls to play the disc.
Projecting from the Region-free DVD player
Insert the DVD. Press the Region-DVD button on the Extron Switcher. Use the DVD player's remote or onboard controls to play, pause, stop, etc.
Projecting from the VCR
Insert the videotape into the VCR. Press the VCR button on the Extron Switcher. Use the VCR's remote or onboard controls to play, pause, stop, etc.