- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
SSL VPN Mobile
Using AnyConnect on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch)
To use the SSL VPN on your iOS device, please download the free Cisco AnyConnect app from the App Store using the links below. The AnyConnect app only allows access to the regular SSL VPN. The Secure SSL VPN is not accessible on iOS devices at this time.
Follow the directions below to configure the AnyConnect app
- Press Add VPN Connection..
- For the Description field, enter Wellesley College
- For the Server Address, enter vpn.wellesley.edu
- You may choose to set Network Roaming on or off. The default is On , which is ok. Cisco's description of this feature is:
- Switch on Network Roaming to reconnect when your network changes. You may wish to enable this for applications that require a sustained connection to the VPN. Network changes occur when roaming between cellular (EDGE and 3G) and Wi-Fi networks, or when your device wakes up. Unless this option is enabled, AnyConnect will attempt to reconnect for 20 seconds and then disconnect if the connection cannot be re-established. Enabling this option may reduce battery life. If this option is switched off then you will have to manually reestablish the VPN connection when switching between EDGE, 3G or Wi-Fi.
- Press Save to save this connection profile.
Follow the directions below to use the AnyConnect app
- In the main AnyConnect window, make sure the Wellesley College connection has a check mark next to it, and switch the AnyConnect VPN option from off to on.
- The Status field will changed to Connecting , and then you will be prompted to login to the SSL VPN. Login with your Domain Account username and password and press Connect .
- Once connected, the AnyConnect VPN slider will be set to On , and you will see a VPN icon in the menubar at the top of the iPhone.
- To disconnect from the VPN , launch the AnyConnect app, and switch the AnyConnect VPN slider to off.
Using AnyConnect on other mobile devices
The Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN software is currently not available for other mobile device platforms (Android, Windows Mobile, or WebOS). This page will be updated when the option to use AnyConnect on these platforms becomes available.