Some large software applications use FlexLM to validate their license, similar to KeyAccess. The license files these applications use need to be updated to point to the Wellesley server correctly when used off-campus through the SSL VPN.
If you would like to use Maya, MATLAB, SPSS, Mathematica, or Silbelius from off-campus, click the following link for more information. Please contact the Help Desk for assistance. Directions to fix other FlexLM licensed software is listed below.
- Click on the Start menu > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArGIS Administrator
- Click on the Desktop folder icon in the left-hand pane of the Administrator window.
- In the right-hand pane below License Manager click the Change... button
- Type in mathlm.wellesley.edu and click OK
- In the Administrator window, click Apply, then OK
- Click on the Start Menu > All Programs > SolidWorks > SolidWorks Tools > SolidNetWork License Administrator
- Click on the Server List tab
- Click the Add... button
- Type: email@example.com
- Click OK. There is no need to remove other entries from the server list
Accessing the NTM file server
When you access NTM over the SSL VPN, you may need to use the full domain name for the server: ntm.wellesley.edu . For further information, see our instructions on connecting to NTM .
Remote Desktop / Screen Sharing
If you have an office computer on campus that you would like to access when you are off-campus, you can enable Remote Desktop (Windows) or Screen Sharing (Mac OS X) on your office computer and then connect to them from off campus when logged into the SSL VPN.
Please see our Remote Desktop website for Windows computers, or our Screen Sharing website for Mac OS X computers.