Prosperous You: Working Together for Financial Wellness
Wellesley College offers several financial wellness resources through our Prosperous You program.
Retiree Medical Coverage Options - Learn About Medicare and the Options Available to Supplement Medicare
Presented by Harvard Pilfrim Health Care. This seminar will review the benefits that Medicare and retiree healthcare plans can provide. Eligibility rules and choices will be covered so you have the knowledge you need to make informed decisions before retirement.
Date: Wednesday, April 3
Time: 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Location: LWC, Room 413
Paying Yourself: Income Options in Retirement
You’ve made a lot of sacrifices in order to put away enough money to retire. When it’s finally time, do you know how to get the money back? There are lots of considerations, rules and tax implications that make these decisions very important and more complex.
Tammy Kayata from TIAA will help simplify retirement income:
- Learn the basic rules that govern the most common retirement accounts
- Gain perspective on when to tap into different assets
- Discover the flexible income choices available.
Date: Monday, April 22th
Time: 12:30 PM-1:30 PM
Location: Library Lecture Room
Social Security: Hear from the Expert and Leverage the Most from your Benefit
Presented by Francine Kollias. Francine, is an expert at explaining how to navigate the Social Security process. She’ll talk about retiree, survivor and disability benefits available and she’ll review filing options and planning strategies
Date: Tuesday, April 23rd
Time: 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Location: Library Lecture Room
Financial Planning and Investment Resources
TIAA has easy-to-use online resources to help you develop an investment strategy and/or individualized counseling with a TIAA representative.
- Call 1-800-732-8353 or go to www.tiaa.org/schedulenow to make an appointment.
One-on-one independent, certified financial planners (CFPs) can meet with you on campus and assist you with general financial, investment and retirement planning.
- Call Ext. 2212 or 2215 to make an appointment.
TIAA Bank - Special Offers
- Faculty and administrative employees now have access to exclusive discounts, borrowing products and privileges. Click here or call 1-844-248-2360.
Health Benefits and Resources
Continued medical and dental coverage is available to age 65 if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
- The Health Advocate program can assist you with health care and insurance-related questions.
- Call 1-866-695-8622 or go to http://www.HealthAdvocate.com/members
- The Employee Assistance Program offers confidential counseling, advice and referrals related to stress, financial and legal issues.
- Call 1-800-451-1834 or go to www.allonehealtheap.com with username: Wellesley and password: Employee.
- Take a look at this Life Event Summary called Thinking About Retirement, which consolidates various health benefits and resources that the College offers.
More Resources to Help You Navigate Health Insurance
- Consumer Reports Health Insurance: learn how to pick your best plan and navigate the enrollment process
- Get Help with a Medical Bill: information on where to turn in your state if you're having a problem with a medical bill
- GetCoveredAmerica.org: nonprofit campaign under Enroll America that provides support to consumers in all 50 states by partnering with local agencies and consumer service organizations to provide information and guidance on the enrollment process and applying for financial assistance
- HealthCare.gov: federally supported website that directs consumers to health insurance marketplace in their state and provides enrollment deadlines and coverage options
- Medicare.gov: the government's official website for Medicare that offers lots of useful, accessible information. Talk with a representative at 800-633-4227.
- MedicareRights.org: nonprofit organization that offers comprehensive advice and individual counseling. Call 800-333-4114.
- Shiptacenter.org: website for the State Health Insurance Assistance Programs, federally funded programs that help Medicare beneficiaries with plan choices, billing problems, and more.