Media Services staff and students support the audiovisual needs of the College.
Our highest priority is to support the academic program and curricular events, e.g., Wellesley College course meetings, the Tanner and Ruhlman conferences, and the Albright Institute Wintersession Program.
Media Services also provides support for non-academic events in locations with pre-installed equipment (e.g., projectors, screens, speakers, microphones, etc.). To request support for non-academic events see below.
All requests must be received at least 14 days before your event and must be requested via 25Live reservation. Staff coverage and equipment availability are not guaranteed without two weeks' notice.
There is a charge for internal non-academic events. The fee is $20.00 per hour, per student. Once your request is confirmed, you will receive an email confirmation. Occasionally, coverage may not be possible. If your budget number is not provided in 25Live, we will assign the charge to the appropriate Cost Center for your department.
How do I request media services support for my event?
- Submit a reservation through 25 Live at least 14 days before your event.
- Choose a room in which the equipment you need (e.g., a projector, projection screen, microphone, speakers, etc.) is already installed if possible. Within 25 Live, you can view the equipment available as well as operating instructions by searching for the space and clicking on the name of it to view the details. If, after reading the instructions on using the equipment in the room, you have questions, or if you'd like to schedule a brief tutorial on using the equipment, please email email@example.com.
Which resources should I choose in 25Live?
- Technician Required Pre-Event: The student tech will arrive anywhere between 45-60 minutes (depending on the complexity of the equipment and the number of equipment requested) prior to the event start time to set up and test the equipment and stay for the first 10-15 minutes into the event before leaving, if everything is working properly.
- Technician Required At-Event: The student tech will arrive anywhere between 45-60 minutes (depending on the complexity of the equipment and the number of equipment requested) prior to the event start time to set up and test the equipment and stay for the duration of your event.
- Technician for live streaming: This service requires the assistance of 2 students and therefore the fee is $40 per hour.
- Videographer Required: The student videographer will arrive approx. 60 minutes prior to the event start time to set up and test the equipment.
- Portable sound system - PICK UP ONLY: if you have requested a portable sound system and NO tech requested for your event in 25live, it means you are requesting to borrow the portable sound system from Media Services but will pick up and set up the equipment yourself and return the equipment when done. The event sponsor listed in the 25live reservation will receive an email from Media Services (a week or so before the date of your event) stating where and when to pick up the equipment. There will be no charge to the event sponsor’s department/office as there is no charge for borrowing the equipment. Complimentary tutorial on the equipment is available upon request, given enough notice.
- Portable sound system requested - DELIVER: if you have requested a portable sound system with either tech (pre-event or at-event) requested for your event in 25live, it means you require the assistance of either tech to deliver and set up the equipment for your event. There will be a $20 per hour charge to the event sponsor’s department/office for the tech assistance.
What if no space is available with the equipment I need?
We strongly suggest you reserve a room that has the equipment that you need. For events in spaces that do not have pre-installed media equipment:
- you should reserve the space within 25 Live and request equipment at the time of your space reservation
- hire and pay for a third-party AV firm, such as Okun Sound Services (617-584-2777) or Capron Lighting and Sound (781-444-8850)
What other services do you provide?
- Documentation on using audiovisual equipment installed in more than one hundred spaces on campus, and, when requested, on-site tutorials for you on using the equipment from Media Services staff.
- Student videographers and sound recordists for preserving your event (request them when you make a reservation through 25 Live).
- Panel microphones and Q & A microphones in equipped venues* and assistance from LTS staff in setting up the equipment and trouble-shooting until the event is successfully underway.
- For a few high visibility events (i.e., long-standing annual lecture series of broad interest to the College community, such as the Goldman Lecture, the Wilson Lecture, and the Distinguished Faculty Lecture), Media Services staff will set up and check equipment prior to the events and stay throughout the event.
*The following locations are equipped with panel and Q&A microphones: Collins Cinema; Jewett Auditorium; PNW 212; Knapp Atrium; Sci. 277; Sci. 377 and Tishman Commons.