New at Wellesley College?
Check out our Getting Started Guide.
Call the Computing Help Desk at x3333 to schedule your New User Orientation. A staff member will discuss with and show you a brief overview of academic, library, and especially technology resources, and point you in the right direction for your in-depth needs.
- Request trainings for Faculty and Staff (e.g., Duo 2-Factor Authentication, Google Drive Basics or Best Practices, or how we can help you with new staff department-specific workflows) for your department or other Wellesley group, including having LTS join existing meetings for a brief demo.
- Sakai Training for Faculty
Visit our Sakai documentation page for tutorials, or get in touch with an instructional technologist.
- Course-Related Multimedia Instruction for Faculty
Contact a member of the instructional technology staff to request a session for your class. Sessions can be either in or outside class time.
- Library Research Instruction for Faculty
Request a session for your class by contacting the research and instruction librarian for your discipline directly.
- Workday Training
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Workday orientation or training.
See the quick guides for Workday.
New to Windows 10 and Office 2016?
- Basic Tasks in Word 2016
- Quick guides for
Log in to your Wellesley Google account to access
- Drupal (Wellesley's web site content management system)
- Office 2010 PDF "cheat sheets"
- Banner ERP
- Data Security Training, accessed through the MyWellesley portal Employee Services tab or Student Self-Service tab, is required for access to some resources. For a limited time, recordings of the live security awareness trainings by Greycastle Security for National Cyber Security Awareness Month in October 2015 are available; you must be logged in to your Wellesley Google account in the same browser you use to access these.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) has a vast library of video tutorials on topics ranging from animation to GIS to web design. Browse course offerings here. You can start with what you can access for free, and if you want an account:
If you have problems using the BPL LinkedIn Learning licensing for an academic course, please email LTSsoftware@wellesley.edu to discuss options.
- Quick, free videos on a variety of topics (Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, Google Apps)
- Wellesley College employees receive discount pricing at designated Massachusetts training centers. Look for the Boston Consortium link at the bottom of the Human Resources signup page.
- Wellesley College is a Northeast Computing Program (NERCOMP) member. NERCOMP offers a schedule of special interest group meetings on a wide range of topics and an annual conference. Upcoming events registration and directions can be found on the NERCOMP web site
- Wellesley College is an EDUCAUSE member. EDUCAUSE offers publications, programming, and an annual conference. Upcoming events information can be found on the EDUCAUSE web site.
If you have attended a training, particularly one offered on campus or online, we would appreciate your feedback. This questionnaire about your experience will take very little time.