Cyber Security at Wellesley College
Looking for security training? See the new, improved SANS cyber security awareness training (required annually for administrative staff and students), also available from the MyWellesley portal.
We urge you to keep your personal and professional information secure.
- Never share your College owned devices or passwords with family or friends. College data and equipment should be protected per the Acceptable Use policy and the Written Information Security Program.
- Check out Zoom's NCSAM blog post for security best practices.
Why do we need to be concerned about computing security?
Protecting your computer keeps your data secure, and helps to protect the privacy of our users
Protect College information
A data breach can have many consequences for the College, including loss of systems and data, lost productivity, fines, lawsuits, and damage to its reputation
Most states have breach notification laws that require certain protections for sensitive information; to understand how these laws impact your work, see Wellesley College’s Written Information Security Program, including details about the required annual security awareness training, which you can access from the MyWellesley portal in Administrivia or Employee Services.
Security Software at Wellesley College:
- Anti-Virus Software (Mac and Windows): ESET Antivirus
- Encryption/Secure Deletion (Win): Symantec Encryption Desktop (formerly PGP Endpoint Protection)
- Encryption (Mac): FileVault
- Secure Deletion (Mac): Secure Empty Trash
Visit these websites for more information:
- Our guide to protect against phishing scams
- How to quickly lock your computer screen
- Protecting College Data
- Securing your Computer
- Internet Safety
- Protecting Your Privacy
- College Policies on data security
- Getting help if your account or data has been compromised
- Answers to Frequent Cybersecurity Questions
- You're an Important Piece of the Puzzle!
- This Magic Moment: Reflections on Cybersecurity
- Educause Review: Security Matters