AVST Speech Recognition is Wellesley College’s automated speech recognition system of Faculty, Staff and Departments. This easy-to-use, college wide system allows quick access to campus resources and on-campus directory assistance.
How do I use it?
1. Dial extension 4000 (Or from off campus 781-283-4000)
2. When you hear the voice greeting, say only the first and last name of the person you are trying to reach or say the department name. (for example, say "Wendy Wellesley" or “Human Resources”).
3. The system will recognize the name and you will be connected to that persons’ extension or to the department.
Tips for success in using the system
1. Pronounce each word clearly
2. Say only the person or department’s name; do not say any additional words such as “please” or “extension”
3. Speak directly into the handset (use of speakerphones is not recommended)
4. Please use the system often as it is a “learning system” and the more it is used the more it learns
5. A simple “yes” or “no” answer is all that is required to respond to a question from the system
The system will attempt to recognize the name or department three times before transferring to the Help Desk for assistance.