The Wellesley College SSL VPN is available to all current faculty, staff, and students at Wellesley College for off-campus access to resources that are only accessible while on the Wellesley campus network. You can access the SSL VPN from many devices using the directions below.
- These instructions are for off-campus access to things like software license managers and grades.
Need access to secure systems, such as Banner ERP and Vault, from off campus? You'll need to use the Secure SSL VPN instead.
- Just upgraded to macOS Catalina? If you were running a 32bit Cisco AnyConnect application, it will no longer work. Please uninstall it and install the latest 64bit version at the link below.
- Windows 7 - 10 and Mac OS X 10.13 - 10.15:
- Open your internet browser (for example, Chrome, Safari, or Edge) and go to https://vpn.wellesley.edu (note: this must be done from an off-campus network connection. If you are on campus, the Computing Helpdesk has such a connection.)
- Log in when prompted, with your Wellesley credentials.
- It will detect your computer's operating system, which may take a few minutes.
- Click to download the installer.
- When it finishes downloading, open the installer and install the software as you would any other, following on-screen instructions until it is complete.
- If you're on a Mac with a newer macOS version and see a "System Extension Blocked" or similar message, as with any similar installation on this OS:
- Go to System Preferences and click on the Security & Privacy icon.
- Go to the General tab. Click the lock at the bottom of the window to make changes, then click Allow.
- The installation may check for updates; this may take a few minutes and is normal.
- Launch Cisco AnyConnect and enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server and enter your Wellesley credentials when prompted.
- Apple iPhones & iPads, download the free Cisco AnyConnect app, and enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server.
- Android devices: download the Cisco AnyConnect app, and enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server.
Any time you are off campus and need your device to be on our network, launch Cisco AnyConnect. It should remember the vpn.wellesley.edu server information and prompt you for your Wellesley credentials.
After completing any work that requires the VPN, it's best to disconnect or quit AnyConnect.
If you are on campus and would like to test your device with the SSL VPN, please visit the Computing Help Desk in the Clapp Library and let them know you need to use the off-campus WiFi network available there.
When you are logged into the SSL VPN, all internet usage on your computer will go through Wellesley's network. Some examples include streaming video sites, files you download, visits to non-Wellesley websites, and online video gaming. When connected to the SSL VPN, your computer usage is subject to the Wellesley College acceptable use policy.