SSL VPN Information
The Wellesley College SSL VPN is available to all current faculty, staff, and students at Wellesley College for off-campus access to resources that are only accessible while on the Wellesley campus network. You can access the SSL VPN from many devices using the directions below.
- These instructions are for off-campus access to things like software license managers and grades.
Need access to secure systems, such as Banner ERP and Vault, from off campus? You'll need to use the Secure SSL VPN instead.
- Windows 7 - 10 and Mac OS X 10.11 - 10.13:
- Open your internet browser (for example, Chrome, Safari, or Edge) and go to https://vpn.wellesley.edu (note: this must be done from an off-campus network connection. If you are on campus, the Computing Helpdesk has such a connection.)
- Log in with your Wellesley credentials
- If the web-based installation fails, click on the AnyConnect VPN link shown circled below to download the installer yourself
- When it finishes downloading, open the installer and install the software as you would any other
- Launch Cisco AnyConnect and enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server
- If you're on a Mac with High Sierra (OS 10.13) and see a "System Extension Blocked" message, follow these steps to fix this.
- Apple iPhones & iPads, download the free Cisco AnyConnect app, and enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server.
- Android devices: download the AnyConnect ICS+ app, and enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server.
If you are on campus and would like to test your device with the SSL VPN, please visit the Computing Help Desk in the Clapp Library.
When you are logged into the SSL VPN, all internet usage on your computer will go through Wellesley's network. Some examples include streaming video sites, downloading files, visiting non-Wellesley websites, and online video gaming. While connected to the SSL VPN, your computer usage is subject to the Wellesley College acceptable use policy.