SSL VPN Information
The Wellesley College SSL VPN is available to all current faculty, staff, and students at Wellesley College for off-campus access to resources that are only accessible while on the Wellesley campus network. You can access the SSL VPN from many devices using the directions below.
- Access to secure systems, such as Banner ERP and Vault, require the Secure SSL VPN.
- Directly through Firefox: visit https://vpn.wellesley.edu
- This website requires Java. To install and use Java, see our Windows or Mac OS X directions.
- This will automate the install process for the Mac or Windows AnyConnect Client.
- Windows 7 - 10: follow these directions to install the AnyConnect Client.
- Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.11: follow these directions to install the AnyConnect Client.
- Apple iPhones & iPads, download the free Cisco AnyConnect app, and enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server.
- Android devices: download the AnyConnect ICS+ app, and enter vpn.wellesley.edu as the server.
If you are on campus and would like to test your device with the SSL VPN, please visit the Computing Help Desk in the Clapp Library.
When you are logged into the SSL VPN, all internet usage on your computer will go through Wellesley's network. Some examples include streaming video sites, downloading files, visiting non-Wellesley websites, and online video gaming. While connected to the SSL VPN, your computer usage is subject to the Wellesley College acceptable use policy.