How you use information technology resources at Wellesley College has a direct impact on others in the community.
Therefore, failing to secure your own computer not only puts your data at risk, but it also potentially risks the data of others on the network.
Following the procedures highlighted in this section will help you improve the security of your computer:
- Use strong passwords. See the Wellesley College Password Requirements.
- Update your operating system
- Run and update anti-virus software and anti-spyware software
- Enable automatic screen lock
- Physical security for your notebook computer
- Secure mobile devices
- Disable Windows file sharing (see bottom of this page for instructions)
- Requirements for securing confidential data