Gmail at Wellesley College
How to access your Wellesley Gmail
- Use the MyWellesley portal and click on the Google Apps link in the top right.
- Visit http://mail.wellesley.edu and use your Wellesley Domain Account to login.
- Use a mobile device, such as an iPhone, Android phone, or tablet. Instructions for common devices are available on our Mobile Device Connection Guide.
- Use a desktop email client, such as Outlook or Thunderbird.
If you've never used Gmail before, Google has a great guide on how to get started. You can also call the Computing Help Desk at x3333 or email email@example.com with questions.
Learn about the many way you can configure your Wellesley Gmail account through your Account Settings.
- Switch between your Personal and Wellesley Gmail accounts is easy to set up.
- Create additional people in Chrome to switching between multiple Wellesley Gmail accounts.
- Change the display theme for your Gmail account.
- Configure different Inbox views for your Gmail account.
Learn how to set up a signature that will appear at the bottom of all of your emails.
Use filters to add labels to your emails, have them go directly to a label, and more.
Create and use labels to organize your inbox and archive mail into folders.
Alternate email addresses (aliases)
Your Wellesley Gmail account comes with alternate email addresses (aliases) that are based off your full name and preferred name.
- Our website explains what aliases you get and some basic information on setting up and using them.
- Google's website contains detailed information on using aliases.
You can use Contacts to create Contact Groups or add individual people to your account. Wellesley's Google Apps also has a built-in directory that includes email addresses of all current faculty, staff, and students. When you start typing names in the To, CC, or BCC fields, Google will automatically suggest names based on both your Contacts and the Campus Directory.
Learn more about how to set up distribution lists here.
You can do Mail Merges with Gmail too. Here's how.
Not everyone uses Google Apps. Here's how to migrate your data into Gmail.
Everything an admin assistant needs to know about Gmail. You may want to delegate email, for example.