Google Groups is a feature of Google Apps for Education that makes it easy to communicate and collaborate with groups of people, such as project teams, departments, office locations, and special-interest groups. Using just the one email address for the group, you can:
- Send email to group members
- Invite group members to meetings
- Share Google Drive files and folders and Google Sites with many people at once.
- Engage in discussions about a specific subject.
- Create a question and answer customer support group for a product, such as a piece of software your company has written.
- Organize meetings, conferences, or social events among members of a group.
- Find people with similar hobbies, interests, or backgrounds.
- Read group posts through email, the online interface, or both.
- View Topics - The default setting is "All members of the group" which only allows members to view topics (posts). If you would like everyone at Wellesley to be able to view your Group's posts, choose "All organization members."
- Post - The default setting is "All members of the group, All organization members" which means anyone at Wellesley can post to the Group, even if they can't see the posts. If you want email from outside of Wellesley to send to the Group, choose "Anyone on the web".
- Join the Group - The defaulty setting is "Anyone in the organization" which means anyone can visit the Group's website, click Join, and automatically join the group. If you would ilke to restrict access on who can join, choose either "Only invited users" which requires a Group Owner to invite people, or "Anyone can ask" which allows people to request access but requires an Owner to approve access.
Set who can view, post and moderate your Google group.
Some settings you may want to change or review are the View Topics, Post, and Join the Group options, as listed in the Create a Group section above.