Google Drive at Wellesley College
Google Drive lets you store and access your files anywhere:
- If you have Google Drive Backup & Sync installed, follow these directions from Google to uninstall it.
- Go to your Wellesley Apps Google Drive.
- Click on the Settings icon in the top right of Drive, and click Get Drive for Desktop.
- Scroll down to the "Get started with Google Drive for desktop" section and click "Download & Install Google Drive for desktop", then click the button to Download for Windows or Mac, and follow the directions to install it.
- After installing it, the Drive for Desktop client will launch. Login with your full Wellesley email address, then login with your Wellesley username and password, then authenticate with Duo. Once logged in, Drive for Desktop will be available on your computer and sync with your Google Drive.
On a mobile device, download the Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps.
Access and organize your files on the web in a browser.
Access and organize your files directly from your own computer.
Learn how to use all the different features of Google Drive.
Create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere. Manage documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, and more all in one place. Google Docs are always stored inside Google Drive.
Step-by-step instructions for sharing files on Google Drive with people at Wellesley.
Shared Drives allow multiple owners and managers of files, and is a great way to prevent loss of data when someone leaves the team.
Step-by-step instructions for sharing files on Google Drive with people outside of Wellesley College.
When you want to hand off files or documents in Google Drive to someone else, whether changing roles, projects, or jobs.
Folders make it easy to organize all of your files and Google documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in Google Drive.
Click on a file or folder and press Shift+Z to add it the item to another folder instead of moving it.